There are a multitude of advantages to using bluetooth to connect your phone to your vehicle, such as syncing phone contacts, the ability to stream music, voice activation, and hands free text messaging. Pairing your phone is easy, taking only 5 steps.
- Step 1 (Set up your device) – Open Settings > Bluetooth on your phone and make sure the functionality is set to “On”.
- Step 2 (Set up your vehicle) – Vehicle equipped with navigation: Press Phone button on vehicle audio system > Connect > Connect New Device. Vehicle not equipped with navigation: Press Enter/Setting button on vehicle audio system > Bluetooth > Add Phone.
- Step 3 (Pair your device) – On your Bluetooth compatible device, under Settings > Bluetooth, select “MY-CAR”.
- Step 4 (Confirm pairing) – Check that the PIN shown on the vehicle and device are the same. If they match, accept the pairing request on your device, then select “OK”.
- Step 5 (Confirm any pop ups) – Your device and vehicle should now be paired. Confirm any additional pop ups, and view our Bluetooth quick tips below for advice on how to strengthen your connection.
If you want to get the most out of your bluetooth connection you should follow these guidelines;
- Turn off bluetooth on other devices to avoid interference.
- Place your device close to the vehicle’s audio system to maximize signal strength.
- Make sure your device is fully charged. Low battery percentage can impact signal strength.
- Move metal, such as coins, away from your vehicle’s audio system.
NissanConnect brings remote access, security, and convenience features from your Nissan to your compatible iPhone or Apple Watch. Start your engine, set customizable alerts, and get vehicle information – all without taking out your keys. NissanConnect Services can also start or stop your vehicle, lock or unlock your doors, honk your vehicle’s horn, flash your vehicle’s lights, and much more.
Should you have any further questions we invite you to contact a member of our friendly and knowledgeable staff for assistance!